SOVB, from its beginnings has been pro-active in the preservation of the environment ensuring sustainable development.
- Production sites are landscaped and integrated into rural areas, providing an important source of employment for rural communities.
- New automated technology has been matched with traditional craft skills to respect and support employment.
- Since the early 1990s, traditional wooden supports have been replaced by recyclable plastics contributing to the preservation of the rainforest.
- Recycling of plastic waste from the production process, refurbishment of worn brushes
- Design of brushes that limit the use of chemical weed killers and that generate less anti-social noise.